Normally, if you make any changes to the files in the resources directory, Minecraft will re-download the default sounds and overwrite your custom files.This mod allows you to stop that from happening.
What can you do with this mod?
- You can change the sounds of minecraft!
- Change the cat record to a dirty dubstep record!
- Change the explode sound to a fart! (creepers fart when exploding)
How do i use the config file?
Advanced users only! (don’t touch this if you don’t know what you’re doing)
The default configuration file with comments:
#Sound Mod Enabler configuration file #Thu Mar 01 22:10:08 CET 2012 user_linked_folder=false /*Makes a resource folder for each user (resources_username)*/ Update_sound=false /*Updates your resource folder with the link below*/ Resource_Url=s3.amazonaws.com/MinecraftResources/ /*The url(without http://) where the resources are located, more info below on how to make a custom one.*/ disable_cave_sounds=false /*Disables cave sounds*/ disable_weather_sounds=false /*Disables weather sounds*/
- 1. Add your sounds to a vanilla resource folder (so every sound is in the folder)
- 2. make a file called content.xml that contains everything that is inside the resourcefolder and put that also in the resource folder(example below)
- 3. Upload the entire folder to the internet (not a zip!)(i suggest you use dropbox or you can use your personal site for this)
- 4. copy the link (without http://) and put it in your config file (example: dl.dropbox.com/u/36116005/Oblivioncraft/) so that content.xml is located at: dl.dropbox.com/u/36116005/Oblivioncraft/content.xml
How do i install it?
- Download this mod
- Open your minecraft.jar with Winrar or an other program
- Drag the class file in the jar
- Delete the meta-inf folder in the jar
Credits to: crazyputje